Monday, March 12, 2007

Those Darn Tubes!

When Jason picked up the kids from daycare on Thursday, Jackson's teacher commented that he was running a low grade fever and was pretty cranky most of the day. Friday morning his fever spiked, so off to the pediatrician we went.

I explained to Dr. T (Dr. M was on vacation), that I just wanted him to check his ears as a precaution because I knew the fever could just be a viral thing. He peaked in Jack's ears and before I could even finish the sentence he was shaking his head. "Nope, it's not viral." In his right ear the tube was actually clogged. Unbelieveable. So more Omnicef and Ciprodex for Jackson.

I suspect that at his ENT check up tomorrow, the doctor might suggest removing his adenoids in order to help his drainage. In which case, my personal feelings are to just take his tonsils as well. Just clean him out - the less obstructions in his airway the better off he'll be. But hey, I'm not a doctor.....

No comments: