Monday, June 25, 2007

Houston We Have a Problem, Part I

There have been so many events to blog about this past week, that not only am I behind in my blogging duties, but I hardly know where to begin.


About a week ago Jackson started with a runny nose and a cough.  By Tuesday of this past week, his breathing was labored and we paid a visit to our pediatrician.  So with nebulizer treatments every four hours and hefty doses of Prednisone, we weathered the storm and avoided the hospital.


During our visit to the Pediatrician's office the staff dropped a bomb on us.  As of August 1st their office will no longer accept our health insurance.  I was completed stunned.  As I waited in the exam room my head was spinning.  What were we going to do?  Michele came in the room with her usually bright smile.  The instant she started talking my eyes welled up with tears.  I told her what the staff had relayed to me and her face went blank.  She wasn't aware we were on the "list".  After a few minutes she said she was going to make it right.  Whatever that would be she didn't know, but she would make it right.  I went home to hold my breath.


Later that afternoon, she called me at home.  She made it right.  There would be some billing issues to work out with the office manager but at the days end, she and I were both relieved to know that she would continue to be Jackson's Pediatrician.

That was the beginning of the week......

No comments: