Monday, October 20, 2008

I can no longer avoid it.

I've been trying, in a very un-American way, to avoid the election coverage. I have my own political views and beliefs, which are for the most part none of anyone else's business. I hate talking politics - probably because I feel remarkably uneducated on the subject of and issues related to. But I can't stand it any longer.

The republican nominee, who's name I cannot even bring myself to mention, is unbelievably shallow. Saying that he/they understand what it's like to have a special needs child because the VP nominee's infant son has Down Syndrome is like saying that because Jason's father died of cancer 15+ years ago, I understand what it is like to have cancer. PLEASE.

I cannot possibly do this topic justice. Thankfully someone else has. I urge you to read I Know Nothing About Special Needs. Really - worth the time.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Not only that...if you heard on the last presidential debate..McCain said Sara Palin would be an advocate for Autism..uhh..the kid has Downs. He didnt even know the disability. RIght there with you, babe!

Leightongirl said...

Glad you liked Christy's post. I thought it was very useful.