Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tubes don't fail me now!

When Jackson awoke yesterday, cranky, feverish and out of sorts I suspected our old enemy the ear infection had returned. A visit to one of our favorite pediatrician's office yielded the answer I already knew; a raging infection in his right ear. I wasn't surprised in the least, since during the last couple of visits to check his ears it was noted that the tube in his right ear was "moving". I think it has officially moved out. The complicated part of this, because there has to be one, is that if we start having multiple ear infections again that means potentially more delays with his language. So we really can't afford to wait to start talking about putting new tubes in. So while we wait for the Augmentin to kick in I'll be putting a call into our ENT at Hopkins to schedule a follow up.

In the meanwhile, his congestion has moved from his head to his chest so our focus must shift a bit. We've fired up the nebulizer in hopes that we can avoid another round of steroids. Stay tuned campers...

No comments: