Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Mom at the Swings

If you've read this already, please indulge me for a few minutes. There is a very moving column/blog written by Vicki Forman. She is the mother of Evan Kamida who passed away July 24th. Today would have been his eighth birthday. He was a special needs child, and Vicki has been for some time now eloquently blogging about him, their struggles and their triumphs.

One of my dear friends sent me this. I had never, before today, heard of Evan or Vicki. But after reading her columns, blogs and the tremendous number of tributes to Evan I feel like I know her (and she me) very well. It seems we Moms are all made out of the same crazy strong material and those of us with special needs children all struggle with the same issues. Thank you to my rocks who continue to support me, the wanna-be-theres for the thought, and the gingerbreads for not wasting my time.

No comments: