Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oh and I forgot to mention...

I was pretty swept away with my previous posting, so I completely forgot to mention that Jack is indeed sick - again.

Yesterday evening he spiked a fever just before dinner, and just after dinner proceeded to wretch as though he was trying to vomit. Well, apparently he was trying to vomit and has since succeeded in doing so several times today. I have just about got it down to a science now, the first time taking me by complete surprise (since he's not physcially supposed to be able to vomit) thus resulting in a change of clothes (for both of us). It seems when his fever starts to spike his propensity to vomit increases ten fold. Between doses of Motrin thing seem to quiet down, but when the dose begins to wear off, watch out. So we're trying to keep him comfortable and vomit free as aspirating during an eruption is a pretty big concern.

I am working late this evening, just trying to keep up (and failing miserably at it). Ainsley B comes home tomorrow from her two week adventure at Mum and Papa's (my parents) in Kentucky. She actually called last night to ask if she could stay another week! Imagine a six year old asking such a thing! I was flabberghasted. It would seem she's having the time of her life being the only Grandchild around....

No comments: