Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Judgement

I hate to do this, but I must. I've simply become too bitter to not blog about it and hope for some relief.

I have recently gone through a nasty break up - no not with my adoring husband. A person who I considered one of my best friends, just used an overly stupid excuse to explain that she no longer wants to be my friend. Her excuse? She doesn't like my husband. No really. And while her email describing her issue with Jason was more detailed than that, the point was pretty much the same. (And yes, it was delivered via email.)

Now I have unbelievably great girlfriends, some of which have husbands who, well, shall we say they aren't the most considerate of men. I don't pass judgement on their relationship, they are all big girls and can handle the situation. And if, God forbid, they come to a point where they can't or don't want to handle it any more, then I am confident that they know how to solve the problem. (I don't mean using a mediator by the name of Smith and Wesson either.) And should that time come, if they need my support then they will have it. Until then, I am a compassionate friend, listening, offering my opinion when solicited (and sometimes when not solicited) but NEVER judging. That's simply not what friends do.

This particular former friend, seems to think it is okay to pass judgement, and apparently thinks I should be grateful for her friendship and input. Well, no thanks. And while there is so so so much more I would love to vent about regarding this situation, I won't. Simply put, the friendship no longer exist. I don't acknowledge her, she avoids me, and we move on. What a waste.

2 comments:

Leightongirl said...

Yikes. That's one immature person. I hope you can find peace despite this hurtful ending.

John DiMeo said...

Nice going Jas!
Hahaha.
But seriously, we all know the word that Jason has for these women and I won't post it here!