Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Let me clarify a few things...

First and foremost, I know it could be worse. We are very fortunate that (for the most part) we all have our health. However, telling myself that hasn't seemed to ease my melancholy of late.

Secondly, several people (whose names will remain anonymous) have remarked that they have chosen not to read the blog, because "well, its just so hard." One individual even went so far as to call it depressing. Really? What a revelation. I'd like to scream at these people and say "Gee you think?!" But I refrain. I created this blog as more than a method of communicating Jack's issues. It is my own personal sounding board. And while not all the entries are about Jack, he does continue to be the biggest source of my own personal strife. It was only recently, after discovering several other blogs kept by special needs parents, that I figured out it is okay to have an insane range of emotions when dealing with your children (any children - not just special needs children), and even more okay to blog about it.

Thirdly, please don't feel sorry or pity for our situation. As I pointed out above, it could be worse. I have my days when I don't mind the uncertaintity so much, lately those have been fewer and far between. Somedays I may be less than prompt in responding to emails, less than perky when greeted out and about, or just plain disheveled looking, remember this blog and you'll know why.

No comments: