Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Blog in Three Acts: Act I


First there is good news and there is bad news.  The good news: At his PACT assessment today, we learned that Jackson does indeed qualify for their daycare.  The bad news: PACT does not allow for pick up and drop off by Baltimore County.  Translation: I'm in a pickle.  A big sour puckering pickle.

In my mind I had already worked out the details of my daily routine, should we move him to PACT. I would take Ainsley to school, then drop Jack at PACT on my way to work.  Baltimore County would pick him up and take him to preschool, and promptly deliver him back to PACT around 11:45am, where he would stay for the remainder of the day.   And while it would be very hectic for me, it would be possible.  Now I'm not so sure.  Baltimore county schools start round 9:00am (give or take 15 minutes).  Which means if I have to drop Jackson at school, my work day will not start until 9:30 or so.  If I have to leave by 4:30 to pick up both kids by 6:00pm my work day is cut impossibly short.  I'm not sure how we'll manage, but we've decided that we have to make it work.  It is unfair to neglect him of any resource that could potentially be an integral part of his development because of scheduling issues.

Red Bull will likely become a morning staple for me....

No comments: